Actual start date: June 1, 2017
You are watching a live stream of Ashland, Virginia USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Special thanks to Hometown Realty for hosting our North and South cams! Visit them at https://www.hometownrealtyservices.com. The PTZ is hosted by the Town of Ashland: https://ashlandva.gov. Thank you moderator Don Root for sponsoring the new cam!
Shout out to our Youtube Sponsor Level members! Give them a sub:
Rails, Tails and Trails: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSm1y8L34O2CLDHxj-yDgg
randall krippner: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-O41njFWWrncw0SCEUduw
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Ashland, VA, in Central Virginia, is located on the CSX RF&P Subdivision, the former Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad, and is about 15 miles north of Richmond. The town gets over 20 Amtrak passenger trains and 20-25+ CSX freight trains daily. It’s a designated quiet zone, but the crew can use the horns at their discretion. The maximum speed for trains passing through the town’s center is 35 miles per hour (MPH).
Train log: https://bit.ly/3iC9LV7
Virtual Railfan and our mods are not affiliated with train logs, they are maintained by volunteers. Please reach out to them outside of our chats for more detailed information or to discuss the mechanics of logging. Thanks to everyone who contributes faithfully to it!
There are 3 cameras available. The default camera is an Axis 360 located on top of the Visitor’s Center (train station), and 2 static cameras facing North and South on the other side of the intersection. Links to all 3 cameras are in this description.
See Tiny Tim’s Trains and Toys Store on the south cam? It’s awesome, and worth a visit. Tell Suzanne and crew we said hello! http://www.trainandtoystore.com
There is no ATCS layout (and no server coverage) available for the RF&P Sub.
There is a radio feed available, listening to the local area on the CSX RF&P sub: https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/36975
A second radio feed providing the Richmond Terminal channel, as well as those for both the North End and Bellwood Subs, can be found here (select the “Richmond Area Stream”): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/83/155/
When’s the next train? You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: http://bit.ly/31bn58V
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear about it., If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know. Please email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org